Tuesday 3 September 2013

GaysieMay's Beadmobile

I have had a lovely and extremely busy Summer.  The main job has been renovating an old caravan (exact year unknown).  I went to visit the caravan in its very beige state but instantly fell in love and knew I had to try and acquire it!  A successful ebay bid or two and it was mine!















The work has been fun, tiring and at times more than a little frustrating.  The first sign of rain saw several leaks including from the old and perished skylight.  I did most of the work with my Dad - who is a hero and very calm, thinking though each stage, where I might be tempted to just wade in with a hammer!

We did all the internal work first by big beefy fella ripped everything out including the kitchen sink!  The Dad filled all the holes before we reinforced the floor and set about creating a workbench and glass storage unit.








Just call him Mick two drills!  Once the unit was made and in, we drilled through the floor to add extraction and feed the propane hose out of.  I then set about mosaic tiling the workbench a labour of love indeed.

My daughter kindly (and under only a little duress) covered the upholstery for the settees that we had kept at the other end.  I dusted my sewing machine to whip up some curtains and then Dad and I got busy again reclaiming bathroom cupboards and using lots of plyboard to make bespoke glass storage!  Big beefy fella was then called in to put down the flooring - it has been very much a family affair!  A labour of love and I think very worth it!



2 comments:

  1. Wow Gay- what a lovely job you have done, it looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! And just a tad jealous lol ;)

    ReplyDelete